EFFECTIVE AS OF: JULY 17, 2014
Welcome to MIRAGE, a service provided by Mobli Media Inc. As you use our App, we want to be clear how we are using your information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information and when we disclose it.
- The steps we take to protect the information.
What information we collect
We gather the following types of information:
Information You Provide.
- Registration Information. We collect information you provide us when creating an account or verifying account information, including your name, phone number, and if you so choose, photo. We collect any other information you voluntarily provide to us, such as your email address if you sign-up for updates on our website.
- Contacts. We collect information from your mobile address book to provide our App including helping you find other MIRAGE users you may know or friends or family members you would like to invite to use the App. We will also collect your own contact information if you have it stored in your mobile address book, and combine it with the contact information you provided during registration.
- Communications. We collect the contents of messages, including photos and chat messages, you send or receive using our App and transmit them to you. We also will receive any communications we have with you, such as if you send us an email.
Information We Receive From Your Use of Our App.
- Usage Information. When you use our App, we may record certain information from your devices and your use of the App. This information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, operating system, web browser, device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the App, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the App, the actions you take in connection with your use of the App (such as whether you use your camera), and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the App. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with messages, such as whether you opened, viewed, or forwarded a message.
- Location Information. We may also gather geo-location information from your device and photos. We will only collect this information if permitted by your device’s settings and will only use it in accordance with this Policy.
- Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information, including personal information, from third parties and sources other than the App, such as our partners and service providers. If we combine or associate information from other sources with personal information that we collect through the App, we will treat the combined information as personal information in accordance with this Policy.
How we use your informationYour information is an important part of our business. We may use your information in the following ways:
- To provide the App. We use your information to provide the App to you, including helping you find and connect with your friends, sending messages and photos to them, alerting you when they have sent you new messages or responded to your messages, and inviting them to use our App.
- To improve and personalize your experience and our App. We use the information that we collect on the App to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve, personalize, and promote our App, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- To communicate with you. We will use your contact information to communicate with you, including through mobile text messages and push notifications. For example, we may use your email address, phone number, or other information (i) to contact you to verify your email address or phone number; (ii) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service, to respond to your inquiries, to manage your account, or otherwise provide user support; (iii) to communicate with you about promotions and events; and (iv) to provide service-related messages such as notifications, confirmations, updates, and security alerts.
How we share the information we collect
We may share your information in the following ways:
- Other Users. Our App enables you to send messages, including attached photos, to other users. Our App is designed to restrict users from accessing messages and photos from our App shortly after they are posted. However, we cannot guarantee that users or third parties will not be able to access them at a later point. Messages and photos may be available in temporary storage on a user’s device, or users could manipulate their device or device’s settings to maintain copies of them. Users could also manually save copies of photos to their devices, or take permanent screenshots or otherwise copy the messages and photos. If you respond to a message, all recipients of the message will see your response.
- Service Providers and Other Third Parties. We may share your information with service providers and other third parties who perform services on our behalf, such as providing information technology services and analytics services. Service providers such as analytics providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different online services when you use our application.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. We may share your information with service providers and other third parties who perform services on our behalf, such as providing information technology services and analytics services. Service providers such as analytics providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different online services when you use our application.
- Business Transfers. If Mobli is involved in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, sale of assets, or bankruptcy, our customers’ information may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee. We will notify you of such a change in ownership or transfer of assets by posting a notice on our website.
- Other Sharing. We may also disclose your information when we believe, in good faith, it is necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of our App and any facilities or equipment used to make the App available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
the Choices you have with your information
You may decline to share certain personal information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of our App. You may update or correct your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing the account settings page on the Mobli app. If you receive promotional email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. Even after you opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the App. You may also receive promotional notifications from us on your device. You can disable these messages through your device’s settings for notifications.
Mobli takes the online protection of children very seriously. Our App are not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the App. If we learn that personal information has been collected from persons under 13 years of age, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has obtained an account on our App, then you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that we delete that child’s personal information from our systems.
Data Security & Privacy settings
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this Policy. Unfortunately, the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the App. You provide your information, messages, and photos to us at your own risk and are responsible for taking reasonable measures to secure your account. Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to certain personal information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on the App. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Further, even after information posted on the App is removed, caching and archiving services may have saved that information, and other users or third parties may have copied or stored the information available on our App. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on or transmit to the App will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Our App is hosted in the United States. If you choose to use the App from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing.
- Kashani Grimmond
- Adi Fleisher Peled
Changes and Updates to this Policy
Our Contact Information
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your personal information, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at email@example.com.